PuMP Certification Application
How to apply for PuMP Certification
A few reminders about how PuMP Certification works…
PuMP is certified by APMG, the world’s leading accreditation and exam institute for professional certifications. You can read more at the APMG PuMP Certification information page.
When you achieve PuMP Certification, you will receive:
- An official certificate issued by APMG confirming your PuMP Certified status
- An official digital ‘PuMP Certified’ badge to use in your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn
- Validity of your certification lasting 5 years from the date of achieving it
- The option to apply for re-certification before your certification expires
PuMP Certification demonstrates your ability to develop performance measures that are meaningful, aligned to strategy, implemented efficiently and focused on driving performance improvement. This is a powerful capability to include in your resume and give you an edge over other candidates for promotions and new positions.
After completing your PuMP training (either via the workshop or the online program), you can opt to take the PuMP Certification exam, online. Here’s how the exam works:
|Time limit:||1 hour|
|Number of questions:||40 questions, randomly selected from a pool of 99 questions.|
|Question style:||All the questions are multiple-choice.|
|Open book:||Yes, you are encouraged to have your PuMP Blueprint training workbook at your side. Our primary intent for the exam is as a revision tool, and we’re not trying to catch you out with trick questions.|
|Pass rate:||A score of 75% is needed to pass. You’ll get your score immediately on completing the exam, along with a feedback report.|
|Certificate:||With a passing score, you will receive a link to download your PuMP Certificate within minutes, along with instructions for how to access and use your digital PuMP Certified badge.|
What happens if you don’t pass?
If, for whatever reason, you don’t pass your first attempt at the exam, we will contact you and arrange a quick chat with your PuMP trainer, to see what might be holding you back. After a bit of coaching, you’ll get to take a second attempt at the exam, at no extra cost.
If you do not manage pass on your second attempt, or any later attempt, a fee of $200AUD will apply for each additional attempt.
What happens when you do pass?
After you have passed the exam, you are PuMP Certified! This means a few cool things for you:
- Add the term ‘PuMP Certified’ or just ‘PuMP’ following your name in your signature and resume, along with other accreditations you have. For example:
Stacey Barr, BSc, Grad Dip, PuMP
- Add your ‘PuMP Certified’ digital badge to your social media profiles.
- Use the PuMP Blueprint materials within your organisation. You won’t, however, be entitled to use PuMP commercially or to represent me or my brand or company in any way. (That’s an entitlement just for licensed PuMP Partners.)
- You can brag about how you really know your stuff when it comes to performance measurement!
Your PuMP Certification will remain valid for 5 years
Your PuMP Certification will stay valid for a period of 5 years from the date of your passing the exam.
The reason for the expiration of five years is that the PuMP Blueprint methodology is something that we believe needs to be practiced regularly, and updated as the methodology evolves over time, to retain current knowledge and skill.
We will contact certificate holders at a period close to 5 years with an invitation to do the exam again, for a small fee of $200AUD, and confirm that their skills have been updated and retained.
Having a requirement for re-certification will ensure the value of the certification as something that is an objective indicator of current knowledge.
Apply here to take the PuMP Certification exam:
Applying for PuMP Certification is as easy as filling in the application form below. We hold to the highest standards of privacy for personal information, and so in order for your application to be completed, you will need to do the following after you submit your application:
- After you submit your application, make sure you check for an email in your inbox with the subject line “[PuMP] Please confirm that you want to apply for PuMP Certification”. If you’re already in our system, you may not receive this, and that’s okay.
- If you do receive the email “[PuMP] Please confirm that you want to apply for PuMP Certification”, open it and click the link inside to confirm your application.
- You will then receive another email with the subject line “[Your name], your PuMP Certification application is received”. This email will contain reminders about how PuMP Certification works, and what the next step will be.
- Within a week, you will receive instructions from APMG to register and take your PuMP Certification exam.
Fill in the application form below, to get started:
If you have questions, contact us
If you have any questions about the exam or certification, just contact Claire at: email@example.com
I wish you all the best as you take the exam and add PuMP Certification to your resume!
the Performance Measure Specialist
Connect with Stacey
Haven’t found what you’re looking for? Want more information? Fill out the form below and I’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.